Riding a bike is great for your mind, your body and your community. Here are our top five reasons why you should be jumping on your bike every chance you get.
1. You'll get fit and healthy. Bike riding is a low-impact workout that will help you get you fit and lose weight. It is much easier on the joints than running and is an excellent form of exercise because you can go as hard or easy as you would like.
2. You'll save money. Commuting to work, riding to the shops or biking over to meet your friends will save you incredible amounts of money in petrol and transport fees. In fact, according to America Bikes, the average annual operating expense of a bicycle is just $308, compared to $8000 for a car.
3. You'll reduce carbon emissions. Riding a bike is not just great for your body but also for the environment, being a zero-emissions transport choice.
4. You'll meet new friends. Riding in your local area allows you to see new sights and experience new locations. It also provides you with many opportunities to meet new friends, particularly if you join a social riding group.
5. You'll have fun. Riding a bike gets you and your family away from the computer and out into the sunshine, which has amazing mental health benefits for everyone. Cycling is also incredibly fun so get out there today and make the most of it!